Friday, April 11, 2008

Things that make me go hmmmm..

1. There term "terrible two's". Who penned that phrase? Do the terrible two's start at 12 months really?
2. Where my child learned to bitch slap. Last night my cutie cousin Sandy came over with her darling child Kennedy and Roman was very pissed they were leaving. He threw a tantrum at the front door. A total first. Then his daddy picked him up and Roman cocked his little arm back as far as he could and BITCH SLAPPED Chuck like no other. I mean the SLAP was loud and hard. Sand, Chuck and I were shocked for a moment and Chuck took Roman too time out for a minute while Sandy and I laughed our butts off. I know.. its not funny.. but really it is. Chuck laughed afterwards too but I mean it was a lethal slap. I was pretty embarrased that my kid could be such a BRAT.
3. Why my memory is not as sharp as some others. My cousin was telling me that another younger cousin of ours remembers us tickling him until it hurts. I dont remember things like that. He had to have been 3 tops as I am a good 13 years older than him. I remember special times a child, or times I was really awful. Like the time I was upset at my mom for not taking me with her to Pocatello one day and leaving me home with the kids. I think I was probably around 11. When she and my dad got home I told them that the radio station called and we won $1000 and just needed to go pick it up. Now in 1991 $1000 was a lot of money. Still is, but for a radio station in Pocatello then that was a lot of money to be giving away to an 11 year old. So how my mother believed me I will never know. I most have been completely rotten and a marvelous liar. Man I still feel bad about that.
4. This weather. Nice, bad, warm, cold, which is it. Cant wait for this weekend though! YEAH!!

XOXO,
Jess

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Not sure where he picked up his habits (what kind of shows have you guys been watching:)but just pray he doesn't catch on to the biting thing.I'm sure Lehua can teach him a thing or two on that and much more on how to perfect his slapping technique. She does practice her mad skills daily on her sisters. I can't wait until Roman and Lehua go into nursery together. That is going to be real exciting!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Bad Romie, bad -- so hard to discipline when kids are so funny.

pinkmorning said...

i still can't believe he did that!

Angie said...

You're right, it's not funny. Why am I still laughing?!? I don't think terrible two's exsist. Braedon is almost 4 and he is still terrible!! And it's getting worse! Last night we were at the bowling alley and he started wrestling around with this other kid. He slapped this kid so hard in the face...I was totally mortified. He just got a little too crazy so it wasn't on purpose but still, you could hear the slap far away. Braedon's lucky he's the last kid, otherwise, he'd be the only kid!