Thursday, May 29, 2008

Recycle-Reduce-Reuse Part Duex

ATTENTION OAK HOLLOW GIRLS:

After some research and some new found knowledge... I got into contact today with Mountain West Recycling. Here is the skinny.

Normal Prices:
10 dollars a month for pick up of plastic, paper, aluminum and tin.
Cost of bins: 45 gallon-$20. One time fee and the container is yours to keep.
95 gallon-$100. One time fee and the container is yours to keep.
Service includes recycle pick up every 2 weeks.

Reduced Prices:
10-19 participants: 1 month free
20-30 participants: monthly fee of $9.
30+ participants: monthly fee of $8.

So can everyone please ask around and let me know who is interested. Lets do our part in making the enviroment a cleaner place!

XOXO- Jess

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Jess, I'm interested but cheaper is always better for me. Since the price for pick up is the same for a 95 or 45 gallon bin it might be worth it for neighbors to go in on the big bin and share the monthly pick up fee.

A 95 gallon bin is the size of the City garbage. Most bins that size can hold up to 300 lbs of paper

Jessica Potter said...

Here is what I am thinking. I think that a bunch of us should pitch in for the $95 gallon bin. Or even get 2 45's. Thats only $40 and we are getting the same space. And then keep them at my house and see how much we actually have to recycle. If we need more bins. More neighbors can start getting the scheduled pick ups.

Valerie said...

I personally would rather have a 45 gal at my house. I don't mind spending 10 dollars a month for the convenience of having it in my garage.

stephanie said...

ditto to what valerie said

Lacey said...

I'm with Valerie and Stephanie. Thanks for the research, Jess!

*** said...

Way to go on getting the recycling going there! Cali has turned me more green...recycle, recycle, recycle!