Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Trippin on Tuesday...

Things that have me trippin today.
1. Gas Prices. Up to $5 this summer. Can we get a government intervention here? This has the making of a national emergency!
2. Gay Marriage in CA. I mean seriously.. lets give gay people civil union rights and call it good. Some might not believe in it, but aren't we all created equally and deserving of the same rights? I mean shouldn't someone who wants to make a commitment to another person be able to? (I am prepared for the unpopular response to this one.)
3. Energy Solutions willing to limit foreign waste. UM NO THANKS. Get it away from here. I don't want my child anywhere near it. Um if an accident happens, how close are we to be subjected to the side effects?
3. Tiare(my friends little girl) inviting the neighborhood kids to my house for a pool party at the Primary Activity on Saturday. Its good to be loved. She knows that no matter what, there is always a party at my house!
4. The amount of hits I get on my page each day.. an average of 30? Where are all the comments?
5. Senator Kennedy having a brain tumor. Sad.
6. Dang weather for this weekend. Mother Nature- this is a call out to you- make up your mind- nice/bad/hot/cold. Ugh!
7. The astronomical amount I paid for the itty bittiest cupcakes yesterday. $2.00 each and they were seriously the size of a little itty bitty hostess cupcake. Good but not cheap!
8. American Idol tonight- exciting.
9. The fact that I have no interesting stories from Maverick this week.
10. And best of all! Its a 4 day weekend for me!

8 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I feel the same way that you do about gay marriage. Giving them equal rights does not affect the way I worship.

Hogan Family said...

Jessica, I am so glad I found your blog. How are you? Living in Utah? Do you like it there? Your boy is so cute, what a doll. I love your pics. I will have to have you take my family's pic sometime. Hope your doing well.

Jody Gillman Hogan

Kristy said...

Ummm a big fat NO on gay marriage for me. Marriage for man and woman only in my view. I guess I'm old fashion and still consider marriage sacred union ordained of God or something. But I am okay with a domestic partnership laws that give equal rights to committed partners. That would include gays, blood realtives, best friends, and other long term committed domestic partners to apply and receive medical benefits and other rights like that. Domestic partnership and marriage are different but it does not discriminate for rights to many that deserve them.

Sorry about my child (we've had a talk) but I blame you a bit for her behavior. If you weren't so dang nice maybe she wouldn't feel the need to share the love with her little friends.

$2 for a %$&*!! cupcake WOW! Look at it this way - the new diet we are starting on Tuesday is going to save you so much money!

Jessica Potter said...

Notice I said "Civil Union Rights". I agree with the marriage between man and woman and your church and your god thing. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy said...

Oh Jess I completely missed the civil union in your post. So yes I agree with you because civil rights and domestic partnership rights are pretty much the same thing. But to all the "yea to gay" comments I disagree. Gays need to leave marriage alone and just go for equal rights.

Paige said...

Jealous about the 4 day weekend - have fun in Idaho! And I want to see all the fabulous pics when you return! :)

Poland said...

I'm sorry you are sick. I hope that kidney infection goes away soon.