Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mouthwatering Monday... A day late..



Since Sunday was Mother's Day it was of course requested that my mom bring her beans. Anytime we have a picnic/BBQ/Potluck/Function everyone asks my mom to bring these.
I am sure the picture does not do the beans justice. As this was after they had sat out at the picnic on Sunday for a few hours. But just trust me on this one!
Point being.. they are yummy... they are tasty.. and I love them. I ate mine by using a Frito's scoop and scooping them in the chip. So delish! Here is the Recipe.
Use the beans in the picture below. They just make for a better bean.








Mom's Baked Beans


1 pound Hamburger
1/2 White Onion, Chopped
1 Green Pepper Chopped (key ingredient)
Saute above ingredients until hamburger is browned.
Add
2 cans Bush's Original Baked Beans
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
Stir together with hamburger mixture and let simmer for an hour. Stir frequently as it is easy to scorch them. I have done it a few times.
Hope you enjoy!
XOXO~ Jess

6 comments:

The Andrews said...

I have had these beans before and concur that they are scrumptiously, yummy!

Kristy said...

I suppose a pregnant women should stay clear from mouthwatering monday's, my mouth watered but not in a good way lmao! my dh would LOVE this recipee.

Anonymous said...

mmm I like reg potato chips dipped in .. sounds delish. Gonna make some baked beans this weekend LOL

Jessica said...

Yay for Mouthwatering Monday! Those look delicious. I'll have to add it to my list of recipes to try.

Sheri said...

Yummy! I am going to write this down! I am so glad to have found your blog. Love it. YOu make me laugh and I missed it!
~sheri

Melanie said...

My Mother made this a lot growing up ~ yummo!