Thursday, May 15, 2008

A project..


I completed my little project for my angel baby boy Brittan and his angel cousin Jett today. Brittan's birthday is May 25th so we will be going to Idaho that day and having cake at his grave and sending off some balloons. Hard to believe its been 2 years since the little guy was born. Even though he lived for just an hour he made this biggest impact on our lives. I look at the whole world differently now and I still carry an immense amount of pain in my heart. I doubt it will ever go away, I just learn how to deal with it more and more as time goes by.

Spring brings back so many memories of him, and the smell of lilac's will forever remind me of him. I know he is where he is supposed to be right now, with his little cousin, doing the lords work. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to serve angel babies through my Share Group. I get the honor of going to do hand and foot molds at the hospital of babies that didn't make it. It helps me to feel closer to Brittan and Jett.

Jett's 1st birthday is in August. Funny how they died just a little over a year from each other, Jett's mom Sandy is my first cousin. We have the only great-grandchildren in our family. 2 living, 2 in Heaven. I am so thankful I have her, someone who understands. Who knows the pain. I Love ya Sand!


The little boards above will have posts nailed to the back of them and we are going to stake them in the ground at the boys graves for Memorial Day.
I am proud of my little project and glad they turned out so cute!

10 comments:

Jamie Lea B said...

Very cute.I remeber your day just like it was yesterday just like I remember my day.Its funny it dont bring tears anymore just painfully sweet memories.I like always will send a balloon from Jamesons grave on Britt's birthday.Its weird how time flys I am in shock that it will soon be jamesons 3rd birthday this year.Your doing a great service for those angel babies mommas.Keep up the work I am so proud of you.

Me said...

Those are so sweet. Love you Jess, Love you Brit, Love you Jett!

Kristy said...

They turned out great Jessie. I'm so glad that you've found a way through your Share Group to focus your love for a child you'll have to wait to raise and hold instead of letting your pain of your loss make you bitter. You're a great example and I'm proud that I can call you a friend.

pinkmorning said...

those are so cute! i think it is awesome what you do at the hospital for those parents who have lost children. you are also always taking care of other people. you are amazing.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

You are so strong. These are so sweet.

Is the Share group at the Sharing Place? My mom used to work there -- she loved it there.

Paige said...

You are amazing! How great that you can help others through your group also. Those boards are so cute.

Sheri said...

Those are super cute Jess! So proud of you for making such a sad thing good, by serving others!

*** said...

Jess, you just made me cry. I can't thank you enough for being so sweet and making Jett's perfect little sign. I love you so much...you are so amazing how you continually help others like us get through. Thank you forever...I love you!

*** said...

Jessie- I called Sandy randomly as she was first viewing the memorials you made. I brought back some pretty tough feelings hearing her cry on the phone, but those feelings were replaced with love from your act of kindness. We are very sarcastic folks you and I but my hat goes off to you on this one. I really do love you and appreciate your healing efforts. Thanks! Tim.

Tyson and Heather said...

Ahh, you made me cry. You should be proud Jess!! Those are absolutely perfect. You are such a wonderful mother with so much strength and Auntie to Jett as well. Love you and love the angel boys too.