Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Trippin on Tuesday..

Things that have me Trippin this Tuesday..

1. These flip flops that happen to have been just sitting on the sidewalk at the Maverick by my work at 6:30 am. Why I go to this Maverick is beyond me. I think I am hoping for some adventure..

2. "The Conqueror" at the Mav on Shephard. Still rockin' the ".32 cents is your change, with a VENGEANCE". Although his name tag said Dan or something today. Maybe he reads my blog and seen I was making fun of him and changed his nametag. I doubt it.

3. That my skinny neighbor girls think they are addicted to sugar. They have NOOO idea! Yes you Lacey.. and you Jessica. Do you get sugar headache's? No.

4. Calling 911 on Sunday because Chuck and I both thought he was having a heart attack. Very scary. He has some strictures in the opening of his stomach that got irritated by one Kristy Egan's HOT-AS-HELL Salsa. But really, he has a hernia the size of a softball at the top of the abdomen and had to have his esophagus dilated today to try to ease some of the pain. He is also on some major horse pills. Yuck. Poor Guy! He has ulcers as well. Luckily nothing life threatening but it was a scary weekend dealing with the ambulance, ER and Doctors. Thanks to all my sweet as pie neighbors for the help with Roman and the well wishing! Love Oak Hollow Ward 4Ever!

5. Okay.. I know I have alot to stay about Maverick and everything. But when stopping at the one on Shephard today, I had a girl in a SUV pull up next to me. I ran in and then seen the total dimwit of a girl had unloaded 5 little girls from her Brand Spankin' New Denali and took them inside to get an ice cream cone and left her infant..around 3 months in the car. So decided to do a little stake out. She was in the store for 11 minutes. With her car running. With her infant alone.. and awake. 11 minutes is plenty of time for your car to be high jacked and half way to SLC or Ogden. Or 11 minutes is plenty of time for your baby to spit up and joke and die. I mean seriously. I was so upset. I called the non emergency Davis County Sheriff's line and turned her butt in. People are idiots.

6. The Trailer Park eviction in Bountiful. People were told on Friday that they have 90 days to find another park. After doing some research myself, I determined it costs an average of $7,000 to move your mobile home with in a 25 mile radius. Wow. Had they been told three days later, a new law would have required they get at least nine months' notice. If that is not shady business then I don't know what is. I mean lets get serious here, most people who live in a mobile home don't have access to funds in the amount of $7k. Let alone have the ability to raise it in 90 days. Just another way that the less fortunate people in our country get screwed.

7. The horrible comments on KSL regarding this story. People are immature creeps.

And total A-holes.

8. The fact that Trix, Lucky Charms, Golden Grahams, Cherrios, Kix and Cinnamon Toast Crunch are on sale for $1.00 at Albertsons. Couple that with my saved coupons from my Sunday Paper we are talking .50 Cents a box people. They also have granola bars and fruit snacks for a buck-a-roo! Yee-Haw!

9. My Memory- The fact that I totally forgot about having a Primary Meeting on Sunday as well as the fact that I have to speak for 15 minutes in front of a crowd of Health Professionals at the University of Utah tomorrow for my Share Group. The speech is about my loss and the things that helped me, and things I wished could have been done. It is basically a training session for Health Professionals in infant or perinatal bereavement. Should be good. Will update. Wishing I was 57 lbs lighter about right now.. And I mean seriously.. do NORMAL people really forget about speaking in front of Doctors and stuff... NO! I need help!

That's all folks.

As for Mouthwatering Monday. Well, that went out the window a few weeks ago. I promise this Monday you will be very delighted.

XOXO.

Jess

10 comments:

Kristy said...

So I take it that you won't be coming by my house around meal times anymore. I love how you tell the whole world that it was me that sent Chuck to the ER, way to make a girl feel the guilt. Well I guess I won't be getting any request for that salsa recipe anytime soon. I'm so glad it was nothing more serious than a bad reaction to some of my cooking and everything is treatable.

The Andrews said...

I love your trippin Tuesday posts! I am glad that Chuck is ok and you didn't have to go to the hospital, how scary! I miss the $1 sales on the best breakfast munchies ever, I guest that is one tradeoff of living in California.

Jessica Potter said...

Kristy. Dont be fooling yourself sister. Chuck got him some special meds so he can eat your cookin'. He is now addicted chica! He LOVE, LOVE, LOVED your green sauce. He LOVES your salsa. After you left last night he totally was munching on the salsa again. He wants me to stay at your house for a week so you can teach me first hand the traditions of your people, in hopes that I can achieve your wonderful skills someday. I even conditioned my hair this morming with the green sauce. Super silky and shiney girl!

Kristy said...

Sweet :) So glad that you can still show me the love after that experience! Tell Chuck he is being a sucker for pain eating that salsa again :D My hair needs some silky shine I'll have to try that now.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

You tell the best stories ever! Last time I was in Utah, I freaked out over the $1 and $.50 sales and brought back a suitcase of groceries. Sad, I know, but .50 cake mix turns me on.

Lacey said...

Sugar headache? I've had one for 2 days along with the shakes! I am having serious withdrawals .. can't wait to sugar binge for ella's birthday this weekend! By the way, glad you called the cops on that lady ... 11 minutes is even too long for me.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! That was a lot of trippin! Tell Chuck to lay off the HOT AS HELL SALSA!

*** said...

Jess, so glad Chuck isn't life-threatening...but a mess. Hopefully the docs can clear everything up soon. I too love trippin Tuesday! GOOD FOR YOU for turning in that lady at Maverick, so unbelievable. And I wish I was there to stock up on those yummy cereals with you :).

sarahhicken said...

So glad Chuck is doing better. How scary. Love that you turned the lady in I need to get up the courage to do that. I am so bad at confrontations. Glad you were there.

pinkmorning said...

ooh, that bit about the infant in the car would make me mad too!