Monday, March 17, 2008

What's this crap?!?!?

What is this you ask?
This is yet another antibiotic for my poor son.
Last Monday/Tuesday (can't remember) my poor
boy had a double ear infection.
After a day of this yesterday:
Roman: "UHHH AAHH H MEEE MEE UUHH"
Me: "Whats the matter baby?"
Roman: "UHHHHHH"
Roman: (following me all over the house every where I went) "UHH AAHH ME"
Me: (still being sickly myself) " WHy is my child so ornery and grouchy and miserable"
So I called the Pedi and took him in last night at 8:40 and sure enough the 14 DOSES of antibiotic he was on had not even helped the double ear infection.
Poor little man. So they gave us Augmenten.
So in 10 days we go back to the pedi to talk about TUBES.
Anyone familiar with the pro's/con's of tubes?
If it gets my kids some relief I am totally game.
Summer.. please.. if you are listening.. do not be SHY. Hurry and join us.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I hope he feels better soon! poor little guy!

althnmore said...

Kaleb has tubes let me tell you this was the best thing ever for us. He finaly hasnt' had one in over 6 months!

Jessica said...

I'm glad he's got some new medicine. Obviously, avoid tubes if you can, but it's really not so bad---except for the bills afterward!

Anonymous said...

noah got tubes around 18 months old. Was like a MIRACLE he started talking ( because he could hear )! No more fluid! All those antibiotics can't really be good can they? The downside is they don't last forever :( we are considering the 2nd set now 8 months later. :(