Monday, March 17, 2008

Mouthwatering Monday!


So I decided that every Monday I am going to blog about my favorite meal or recipe that I prepared/had the previous week. This week.. hands down.. my cousin Sandy's recipe for Chicken wonton salad. Seeing that I was sicker than ten dogs all week long and literally did not cook one other thing other than dino nuggets and madarian oranges, I do not have a lot to compare too. BUT even if I cooked gourmet meals all week long, I am sure that this would be the recipe I would share. BECAUSE IT IS YUMMMMY! My dad and my hubby downed any what would have been leftovers last night.

Chicken Wonton Salad


3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ package wontons, cut into thirds
1 head iceberg (or romaine) lettuce, torn into pieces
1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained ( I DONT USE>> GROSS)
1 (4 ounce) package slivered almonds, toasted
¼ c sesame seeds, toasted
1 bunch green onions, chopped

Dressing:
4 T sugar
1 t salt
¼ t pepper
4 T white wine vinegar
½ c vegetable oil

Boil chicken breasts until cooked and slice into small pieces (I prefer to cook in pan versus boil). Fry wontons in vegetable oil until crispy and cool on paper towels. In a large salad bowl, mix together chicken and wontons with lettuce, oranges, water chestnuts, almonds, green onions and sesame seeds. Toss with dressing (which has been mixed well) and serve.

I hope you all try it and ENJOY! HAPPY EFFING MONDAY!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

oh my mother in law would just LOVE something like that!!! I hope you are feeling better :) I can't wait to see what your choice for next week is!!!

*** said...

Jess, that picture makes it look so very yummy...I think it will have to be on the menu for the week. I'm glad you are feeling better finally and Happy St Patrick's Day ;)

Anonymous said...

YUMMMMY