Friday, March 28, 2008

Making me Marvelous!


My mom is going to school to be an Esthetician.
What does this mean to me? Loads and loads of super cheap beauty procedures.
Last night I was her model for the eyelash perm and tint as well as the eyebrow tint. Here is a run down of what happened.
6:20 PM: I arrive at her school and wait for her to come up and get me.
6:23 PM: Mom comes and gets me and I go to the procedure room.
6:24 PM: Another model shows up. He is getting his eyelashes permed and tinted as well. I tell him they will look "pretty". He is not bothered by this as he says: "I am the epitome of pretty boy"
6:26 PM I take a swig of my Dt. Mt. Dew in hopes that it will jump start my gaydar. I just can't figure out which team he bats for and I think he is cute so I am wanting to fix him up with a friend. Girl or boy.
6:27PM: Pretty boy says he wants his brows tinted "black, black"
6:30 PM: Mom starts my eyelash perm.
6:31 PM: I am praying for this to be over.
6:32 PM: Mom really starts it. I was hallucinating before.
6:33 PM: The sticky icky eyelash perm rod goes on. Awkward.
6:45 PM: Mom still trying to get my eyelashes situated as my eyes are watering so bad from being bothered that the sticky part of the perm rod is gone.
6:47 PM: First Solution Starts: Wait 14 minutes. (during this time I think of how the CIA could use this as a torture procedure. And the Geneva Convention would still be valid. As the CIA could call it a "beauty treatment."
7:01PM: Second solution goes on. Wait 14 minutes. (this time I am thinking about how instead of getting tortured right now I could be finding a cure for AIDS or Cancer. Solving the conflict in Iraq. Trying to focus on other things so I do not have a meltdown from having the phobes and ruin my almost over procedure. *trying to be very good model and not complain*
7:20 PM: The nourishing lotion applied. I am now the owner of fabulous curled eyelashes. WHOA. Dramatic. WHOA. Not doing that again. WHOA.. Pretty.. might have to do this again.
7:25PM: Eyebrow tint time. Very painless. Very fast. Very pretty. Will do that again!
7:28 PM: Mom starts to cover my whole body in Vaseline as this protects your skin from the eyelash tint. Okay not my whole body but the majority of my face. I am still working on removing it.
7:38 PM: Mom still covering me with Vaseline.
7:42 PM: Tint finally goes on.
7:52 PM: Oh my goodness. My lashes are marvelous. Tinting is the best thing ever. Very easy. Not painful. Not uncomfortable. I look 37 lbs lighter even. I could keep up with this every six weeks. (not an ounce of tint anywhere on my face. Thanks mom!)
8:oo PM: Still looking at myself in the mirror.
8:12 PM: I am so pretty.
8:15 PM: Time to start the seaweed back treatment. Life is good.
9:47 PM: All done with the back treatment. The last 1 hour and 32 minutes went by so fast and so lovely. I think I snored. I think I drooled. Life is good!
Moral of the story: Mom going to school to be a Esthetician is an AMAZING idea!

11 comments:

sarahhicken said...

I love it! You have a great way of describing things. Can't wait to see the eyes. Love that your mom gets to practice on you.

Angie said...

where's the picture?!?

Jessica Potter said...

I will take one tonight! I didnt get home until super late. :)

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

that sounds amazing! Scary, but amazing! I'm sure you look HOT!

Kristy said...

So share the love! You got all the hook ups. Sister cutting the hair and Mom working the face. Can I sign up for the good neighbor discount plan, please? I need some beautifying. Can't wait to hear you describe the waxing part of her training :)

Valerie said...

LOL, I love the way you describe things. Can't wait to see the new you.

Me said...

I'm going to be going to esthetician school one day too- so you'll get some more practice days. Be prepared!

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS FAB! I WANNA SEE YOU! BEFORE AND AFTER !

Rachelle said...

Hey I want to see a pic!!

Paige said...

You are too funny - love the description. I love getting my lashes done, but can't ever find anyone who does it here in K-town! :) Good to know that you have connections!!

*** said...

Jess, you are so very hilarious! So what happened with the boy...who are you setting him up with? Girl or boy :). Sounds like quite the deserved night, other than the pain of the curling. Can't wait to see them in person! Way to go Aunt Janice...