Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Weight Watchers Wednesday..

Okay since I can not seem to get myself organized enough to post on Mouthwatering Monday.. I had an epiphany.. since I am making up/trying new recipes that are Weight Watchers friendly that I should do a WW Wednesday and post my latest recipe. Good idea? Ya- I thought so. So here is this weeks..




This is what mine actually looked like!


Chicken Parmesan WW Style.



POINTS® Value: 5
1 sprays olive oil cooking spray
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly pounded (four 4-oz
pieces)
2 large egg white(s), lightly beaten
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
1 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 cup Hunts 4-cheese Spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese



Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
Place egg whites in a shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs with Italian seasoning
and salt; pour into another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg whites; turn to coat. Dip
chicken in bread crumb mixture; turn to thoroughly coat.
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and add oil; heat over medium-high heat.
When hot, add chicken and cook until lightly browned and no longer pink in center,
about 4 minutes per side.
Pour sauce into prepared baking dish; place chicken in dish on top of sauce. Sprinkle with cheeses and bake until chicken
is cooked through and cheese is bubbly, about 25 minutes. Enjoy.

See- even baby loved it.

13 comments:

Sheri said...

Looks delicious! You made my mouth water and its not even 10 am. Roman is so cute. Good job girl! Keep it up!

Wildingkids said...

Looks yummy Roman!


Thankyou soo much for making a donation to the Relay for Life for me!! I was soo excited to see your name on there!

Paige said...

This looks so yummy! You should teach cooking classes, along with photoshop, blogging, crafting, writing - all of your other talents! Jealous!

Lacey said...

I am trying this today ... well, it's pizza tonight so maybe tomorrow! Looks yummy! I love the Weight Watchers Wednesday idea!

Kristy said...

It's very DELISH! I'm eating some right now. You forgot to tell them to serve it over some pasta for an even more enjoyable meal. Still a meal under 10 points and oh so yummy :)

Jessica Potter said...

Oh good point. Serve over sketti folks!

Heather said...

I'm copying the recipe and will be trying it out shortly. Looks good.

Jessica said...

Yum, yum, yum! How many points?

Jessica Potter said...

The point value is 5. But with 3/4 cup of pasta its 8 points.

*** said...

Sounds absolutely delicious! GREAT JOB being down 12 pounds!!! We are very proud of you...

Snelders said...

Looks yummy! This seems to be a lower carb meal - is it? I am PCOS too, so I'm always looking for yummy new recipes that are low in fat and carbs.

Anonymous said...

YUMMY I will try that one! Roman is soo cute! FREAKING A GIRL YOU GO GIRL ON THE WW! 12lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK MY SOCKS OFF!

Jamie Lea B said...

mmmmmmm yummy.I am so stealing that recipe lol.