Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Trippin on Tuesday..

Things that have me trippin this Tuesday..

1. That it's been 4 weeks since I've done my trippin post.. ekk.
2. Hulk Hogan appearing on Larry King Live tonight, BORING. How about an expert on helping us save money on gas. Or someone speaking out on how we can do something about gas prices. Speaking of gas prices... that brings us to #
3. According to my calculations.. 1 year ago the average gas price was roughly $2.80 a gallon. Today the national average is $4.04. That is a difference of an outlandish $1.24 a gallon. So. If my average's are correct. My family. Including Me, DH and my Dad(who lives with us) consume around 7 gallons of gas a day. Mostly from Dad and I commuting. That's a $43.40 more a week this year in gas than last year, that's a whopping $173.60 more a month for gas than one year ago today. Also just a fun little tidbit of info. 10 years ago when I graduated High School.. gas was an average of .97. That meant it cost me around $10 to fill my car and drive it for 2 weeks. Bummer.
4. The WW friendly Chicken Parmesan I made for dinner last night.. and brought for left overs today. It was so delish, and so healthy. Look for the recipe on here in the next few days.
5. My DAD bought Roman a skateboard. A tiny fat toddler skateboard. Anyone know where to get a teeny tiny helmet.
6. Speaking of Roman- all of a sudden he has separation issues when its convenient to him. IE- Nursery, the day care at the gym. Otherwise he can not be bothered by the nuisance he calls his mother. (besides a few times a day when he wants a hug and snuggle a kiss.)
7. This story .. even further proof that not only illegal aliens have insurance problems.. but regular ol everyday people who have regular jobs. Sucks.
8. I am planning my 10 yr class reunion and I found out that 2 of our classmates(out of 98.. we are a small school) are in Iraq right now. This is scary. It hits home when you know someone personally who could be killed in this war anyday. I pray they are safe.
9. My recycling bins are being delivered today. I am so giddy to get the ball rolling in my neighborhood. They take everything but glass, Styrofoam and rubber. So I am excited to see how much our garbage dwindles down when we are recycling. I am trying really hard to make my families carbon footprint lower. But the driving to work thing is killing me!
10. THIS new blog. Its a friend's new donate-a-recipe blog. I am so excited! I have been working on a cookbook for a long time so this will be great to add some new.. fresh recipe's and idea's. The girls in my neighborhood have it going on I tell you!
11. How great I am feeling. I have been on WW for 2 full weeks now and i feel like a new woman. I am loving it and hoping I have the guts to keep going. I also regress to eating what I want whenever the times get tough.
12. Down 12 LBS!
13. Just found out that a SMURFS movie is being made. YES- finally all of my dreams have come true!

XOXO,

JESS

11 comments:

Lacey said...

1. Smurfs are scary.
2. Gas sucks.
3. WW sucks (mostly because I suck!)
4. I need to get my Recycling bins. Can't wait!
5. Chicken Parmesan better be on your blog soon!
6. As far as pigs&spice, you better add as much as you take, sister! Don't hold out on us!
7. Do you know how much I love your Trippin on Tuesday posts?

Snelders said...

Yes, I remember the days of $.97/gallon gas. Those were the days! Recycling is great! Seattle is the "Greenest" place I've ever been. They provide recycling service along with our garbage service. When we were in Pocatello, we used to fill up those huge garbage bins every week, but now that we are recycling we are down to 1 (or sometimes 2)kitchen size garbage bags every week. It makes a huge difference!

Sheri said...

I have missed the Trippin on tuesday posts! Gas is unreal. Seriously! Go WW! I sometimes steal my mother in laws stuff and see what I am eating. I think its the smartest plan out there. Keep going sista!
So who is in Iraq?
Where are you having the reunion? I can't believe mine is next summer! I wish we had ours together.
~sheri

Jessica Potter said...

Hey Sheri-
Casey Radamacher and Joe Evans are both in Iraq.
Class reunion is at the park in Inkom- because we are straight up gangsta.

..::k.toms::.. said...

Girl- 12lbs??? Congrats! Now it's on to me and gaining some MOTIVATION to lose some lbs!!
Thank you for your kind words. You out of all people should know what this feels like (even more-so!)
Even though the journey sucks, it's nice to know people that have been there and can relate to you.
Looks like things are going great for you!
That boy of yours is beautiful!

Brook said...

You are so hilarious. I am totally amazed at how talented everyone is in our neighborhood. I need some creativity lessons!

Kristy said...

#11 " ...hoping I have the guts to keep going... "

Don't go foolin yourself by thinking this way. You are going to keep going. Like it or not. You have no choice because your WW partner says you have none!

Hogan Family said...

Way to go, 12 lbs. I could lose myself. I will have to try the recipe. Looks good. I agree, gas prices stink. If gas has increased that much in 10 years, what does it say about future prices? I am also trying to be more green. I will be making posts about ways to be more green. It does make a difference.

Jessica said...

Way to go with the weight loss. I am so impressed. It took me 3 months to drop 10 pounds the last time I dieted.

Thanks for arranging the recycling. I'm so excited about my new bin, and I practically filled it in just one day. Now I need a composter. . .

Dani said...

I remember the cheap gas days! :(

My 15 class reunion is this year, and they are three people in our class, that have already died. :(

xoxo Cute blog Jess, I love it.

Anonymous said...

Ok that calculation was awesome on the gas prices. Can you do the same thing on MILK? Seriously milk prices are SKY FREAKING HIGH! we drink like 3-4 gallons a week at our local grocery store its 5.12 a gallon. THAT MAKES THIS GRIL TRIP!