Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Trippin on Tuesday....

1. Roman had his fourteenth haircut. That’s 1-4! His hair grows so fast. Its cut short now so we are back with the faux hawk! Its very cute.

2.A pet gerbil causes a 3 car accident in Springville- Weird. Apparently the rodent got out of the cage and the girl driving started to look for him- while she was driving. The drivers of the other 2 cars broke their legs. People- it’s a rodent. Why do you even have it as a pet. Damn Gerbil!

3. My allergies.

4.SPAM reports a 10% increase of profit for the last 3 months. So basically when the economy is bad people tend to eat fake meat? How disgusting is that.

5.Gas prices- I feel like a broken record.

6.Grocery prices- Has anyone else noticed the price of staples going up?

7.Recycling- who knew how much my family could actually recycle. It’s so amazing. I love it! I love our environment and it makes me feel good to be doing something good for it. Now if I could just ride a scooter to work. Anyone have one I can borrower- specifically one that is pink and has a matching pink helmet. :)

8.THIS STORY.. whoa..

9.Tim Russert’s death. He collapsed at the age of 58. What a shocker- I think he was a classy journalist who was able to keep his views and opinions open and tried to always be a family man. I grew up watching him on Meet the Press. (coming from a political family we it was always on Sunday mornings- yes instead of Music and the Spoken Word) He was very pointed in asking questions but always handled it in a classy way. I will miss his voice and outlook!

10.The flood in the mid-west. I have had this song in my head all weekend. “The lord said to Noah…there’s going to be a floody floody..”

11.For Father’s Day I bought Chuck and my dad front row- ring side tickets to the WWE Monday Night Wrestling Raw. My dad- decided he wanted to send my little brother Tim- who is leaving for a mission in a week- since Tim loved WWE as a little boy. So they went and we seen them on TV all night long. It was hilarious. We even seen Tim get a little embarrassed by the Bikini Contest. (who knew, I guess wrestling isn’t so kid friendly any more)

12.Roman has a new obsession- sticking his finger up his nose. Its so gross. I battle it all day long. Get your finger out of your nose. Any suggestions??

13 comments:

Brook said...

That is hilarious about Chuck and WWE, Tyson is totally into that kind of stuff too. Maybe they can trade stories on Suday?

Sheri said...

Oh my gosh. I grew up watching Hulk Hogan. Can you just do a blog about each canidate so I can make a educated vote in nov? :)

Valerie said...

Wow I could not believe that article about John McCain that was crazy. Also when was wrestling ever kid friendly??

Jamie Lea B said...

I love your trippin tuesday.You touched on so many things that have been on my mind also lol.Oh and Roman and the nose thing I wanna say he will grow out of it I mean 3 of my 4 did lol But Daly well her nickname is boogie for a reason lol.

Brandy said...

Holy cow about the gerbil! People are nutsy..... Love your blog, Jessica!

The Andrews said...

Wow I can't believe Roman had his 14th haircut...I wish my hair grew like that, what a cute little stud!

Jessica Potter said...

hEHEH Sheri- I can do a blog about both canidates but it will be pretty biased. :)

Me said...

Um, YES I have noticed that staples are getting more and more expensive!! How are people supposed to survive around here? With gas being over 4 bucks and bread and milk that cost an arm and a leg... I'm starting to get really irritated..... Kit recently told me that the oil companies make .70 cents of EVERY DOLLAR from gas. So, every time I go to the pump I think of how much MONEY the oil companies are getting and I want to kick things. Thats why I'm trying to ride bikes more!

Jessica said...

Spam. . .ick.

That article about McCain was pretty one-sided. . .but it does make you wonder.

I will miss Tim Russert too. What sad news.

Jessica Potter said...

Yeah- it was pretty one sided. So I googled it. And found pretty much the same story everywhere else.

Hogan Family said...

SPAM? Seriously! I agree with the allergies. Mine are awful right now. I think they are worse in Utah. I went to see my sis last week and as soon as I flew in to SLC they got really bad. Thought they were bad at home, but little did I know they could get worse. Don't know what is in the air but it wasn't good.

Nic said...

Come to England!!! fuel prices make you weep! We're talking about $12 per gallon here!!! It's hideous! Spam?????!!!!! yikes :-(

Tyson and Heather said...

Yes! I totally agree about the food staples going up in price...awful. Funny about Spam too!