Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dinner Swap Anyone?

Oak Hollow Ward Girls-

Kristy Egan and I are putting together a Dinner Swap Group.

I am sure most of you know what this is, but for those who do not- I will explain how its going to work.

Each meal will consist of 1 main course and a couple of sides.

Groups will consist of 3 to 5 families (depending on how many sign up- if more than 5 we will make separate groups).

Each family will cook 1 night a week- this day will be specified at a monthly get together where we will make the schedule. The night your family cooks you deliver the food to your other group members homes.

The remaining 3 or 4 nights (depending on your group size) of the week you will sit back, relax and wait for your dinner to be delivered.

Obviously the point of this is to have 1 day a week where you cook and the rest of the week you get fresh home cooked delivered meals. Its also a bonus to your grocery bill because you can buy in bulk. Also a very fun way to learn new recipes and taste other peoples foods.

If you are interested please leave a comment on this blog or email me.

Thanks!

Jessica Potter and Kristy Egan

7 comments:

Lacey said...

Sorry girls, I'm out! Sounds like a fun idea but I can't even get dinner on the table for my own family ... not so sure I could withstand the pressure to feed others! Besides, I'm a picky eater!

Brook said...

Sounds yummy but, I'm going to have to pass as well. My poor Caden is allergic to too many things and I don't think it would be fair. You'll have to post some recipes though.

Rachelle said...

Sounds fun Jess, my brother and his wife did it in their little nook. Hey glad to see you back to the blog, i've missed you..Hope your starting to feel better.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that idea!

The Palmer's said...

Sign me up! Or was I invited. I am a family of ONE...so I am not sure if this would be fair. But I am down:)

pinkmorning said...

tag, you're it. you have got to copy and paste the questions from my blog to yours!!

how are you feeling these days? any better?

*** said...

This is the greatest thing, everyone should absolutely sign up. We do this and I LOVE only cooking once a week, it is so nice to pick up dinner every other night and not have to worry about cleaning up or the smell. We've been going for nine months! You will all love it!