Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spending time in DC..

Top Ten Things That Have Been Happening in the Last Week in the DC Metro Area Potter Style:

10. Chuck got his big toe lanced and drained. I mean who get's an ingrown toenail on vaca?
9. Roman has been taking off his diaper and peeing all over my mother in laws white carpet.
8. We have had the pleasure of sitting in 3 hours worth of beltway traffic on a Friday night.
7. Discovered that $4 for milk is a steal and hamburger is on sale for $3.99 a pound.
6. I got a kidney infection. And having pelvic pain flair ups. I must have been a witch in my past life.
5. The weather has gone from beautiful 80 degree sunshine to effin snow.
4. No one carries Diet A&W.
3. Roman is repeating everything I say. Including calling his dad a Pain in the ASS.
2. The cable and internet went out for 5 hours Thursday night. Just in time for AI results.
2.a. At least my mother-in-law and hubs couldn't fight about what to watch.
1. I almost decided to move back here when I ate at the real, old school original Japanese Steak House named Sakura that prevails big time compared to Tempanyaki in Utah. I was tempted.

We head to the beach this week. No pics until we get home though. Forgot my camera cord and I am way to cheap to go buy another just so I can blog.

Post Script. My little sister is coming to stay with us for a while. That means the Palmers are overtaking the Potter household. This makes me smile inside, and a little nervous. And scared. Yes neighbors. One more car in our driveway.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like one of our vacations for sure! lol at Roman!

Kristy said...

You make me laugh so hard, not that all of it was funny. But you seem to put a good twist on all things. I am just glad you are blogging while on vacation, because you would forget all about the peed on carpet by the time you got home.

Jessica said...

Poor Chuck. Poor you. Poor Mother-in-law. Naughty Roman.

Have fun at the beach!

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

I DAMN LOVE YOU. PLEASE COME BACK! IT SOUNDS CRAZY,IT SOUNDS LIKE OUR LIFE. ENJOY IT THO BECAUSE SOON YOULL BE BACK IN THE VALLEY WITH THE REST OF STEPFORD. PS: I CANT WAIT TO SEE PICTURES!!

pinkmorning said...

haha, i had to laugh because audrey managed to get free of her diaper and pee through her outfit, sheet, and mattress cover three out of the nine nights we have been here. we went to the movies...twelve dollars a person...for a matinee...i am still feeling a little sticker shock. good thing we like videos.

Amy said...

Can't wait to hear more funny stories from your trip. You should know that I love reading your blog because you make me feel normal! Thank you , thank you!!!

Brandy said...

Oh my gosh, SAKURA! I remember that! We seriously need to sit down and talk, girl.

Your list made me giggle. Thanks!