Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Sweet Recessionista Shopping..

Went on my first shopping trip using the advice from a couponing class held by my friends cousin, her blog is "A Sweet Sale" and she uses the website Grocery Smarts. My friend Kristy Egan started a few weeks ago and now that I am back in town I have been itching to get started. Here are the stats on my first trip:
Items Purchased: 3 Gallons of Winder Farm Milk, 7 boxes of name brand cereal, 2 boxes of Wheat Thins, 2 bottles of fancy Dawn detergent, 1 box of foil and 2 Colgate Whitening toothpaste.
Cost: $14.58
Savings: $49.62
The cost of the website she uses and her advice is zero.
She holds classes if anyone is interested I would be happy to host another one here at my house. Its truly amazing if you take a little time, (the class teaches you how to get organized) the amount of money that can be saved on quality products! Hope everyone starts doing it to!

12 comments:

Sheri said...

I just saved a ton at albertsons today on cereal. I am not a die hard couponer but do make the effort for things I actually already buy. Love seeing the total go down!

Kristy said...

oh my goodness! holy savings!!! that is amazing! The milk alone should have been close to your grand total! fill me in!

Holly T said...

Oh cool! If she has another class I would LOVE to come. Maybe it will actually teach me to go grocery shopping since I suck at that one too...

Hogan Family said...

Way to go! I thought for a minute you has just robbed the store ;). I am horrible at coupons, mostly the organization of them and remembering to use them. If she has another class please let me know. It is so easy for me to just jump a flight to SLC and I would love to come see you.

B&C Parke Family said...

Inspirational! I think we all can use a little money saving tips!

Brandy said...

So glad to see that! Wow! I am soooo excited to start! I think I'll get my first Sunday papers delivery this week! Yay!

Mandy said...

Good job Jessica! I want to know about the Winder Milk? Where did you get those coupons?

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

i want to learn! whens the class dude??

The Andrews said...

Wow, that is absolutely amazing how much money you ended up saving..incredible!

*** said...

Whoa, you must let me know when the next info session is, that is very encouraging! Hope Roman gets better so quickly!!

Brandy said...

Jessica, which store did you go to?

Jessica Potter said...

I went to alberstons and Walgreens. Mandy- the Winder farm milk is free if you buy 7 boxes of cereal. :)