Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.....

Have I ever mentioned that I am a complete Christmas FREAK. I love Christmas and everything about it. The music, the happiness, the beautiful decorations, the holiday cheer, the shopping and mostly the celebration of Christ's birthday.
Tonight with the help of my friend Danielle (she owed me a favor) I got a small part of my Christmas decorations up. My little brother is headed down tomorrow to put up our outside light and I am going to spend the next week getting the rest of my decorations up! Busy Busy!
Anyways- Below is my porcelain Nativity Scene. I love this so much. It has the perfect Joseph and Mary and the perfect little baby Jesus.

I had some major handy girls helping me decorate the tree this year. I watched my friends little girls and they had a major blast! Hua kept her little booty on that ladder all night hanging ornaments. It was very serious business- as you can tell by her face.




Yasi helping out.


Hua showing Roman the ropes.



Roman decorating like a good MAN!


Tiare helping too!




Danielle takes direction well!





Notice the top of the tree had no ornaments. Isn't it sweet having little ones help out! The bottom was covered in ornaments. Some branches were stacked 3 high!!


Danielle placing the Angel.



The finished product after a little tweaking of course!
What good help I had today!





The very best part of the night.. was when Tiare said: "Jessica, I love your tree the most." I asked Why? She says "Because it helps me remember Jesus' birthday." Isnt she a doll??
Happy Holidays!

9 comments:

Kristy said...

The tree looks awesome and I absolutely LOVE that nativity set. Thanks again for watching my girls.

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

wow jess!! its so pretty! i think we will put ours up the day after ardens b day. although, it wont look like that. we are famous for charley brown christmas trees.

Jessica Potter said...

LOL Em. I will love your Charlie Brown Tree! I can't beleive Ardy will be 2 in a few days!
Your girls might be the easiest kids to watch Kristy. I set up a movie for them and they asked for popcorn. I thought it was the cutest thing ever!

Anonymous said...

ohhh pretty tree.. We will be doing that after Thanksgiving.
I wanna see more pics around your house. Looks very traditional i am intrigued.

Lilian said...

It's really pretty Jessica! Luckily I will get to see it every day as I pass by your house!!!

Brandy said...

You have inspired me! I think I'll do my trees BEFORE Thanksgiving now. I usually wait until the day after, but I'm feeling quite festive!

pinkmorning said...

we did our decorating today since we'll be gone on thanksgiving and not back until december 3rd. looks so pretty jessica!

Holly T said...

Beautiful, I love it! You just motivated me to get my stuff up as well!

Amy said...

Beautiful tree Jess! I need to enlist those cute little Egan girls to help put mine up!