Monday, January 14, 2008

One Eyed Bandit..

Well.. What can I say.. I am a freak of nature.
I went to the Eye Doctor on Saturday because I have been getting bad headaches at work and knew that I needed glasses.. about 4 years ago I went in to the Eye Doctor and he gave me glasses. Well the glasses never worked right for me so I never wore them, they almost make me sea sick. Even on land!
So I pile myself on a Saturday morning to the doc at 9am. I know I am crazy, let me just say that is my day to sleep in, so I pretty much refused to shower/get ready or dress my child. So I was in my recreational pants, hehe, and Roman was in his PJs. When you get up at 5 everyday during the week Saturday is your day to be a lazy ol crusty bum. Thats me!
So I get in to the exam and low and behold.. I have 1 perfect 20/20 eye.. and 1 not so perfect 20/400 eye. I mean come one, who only has on bad eye??
My dad asked if I got to wear a patch. Unfortunately for the neighbor kids, no.
I get to wear ONE just ONE contact.
I don't know why.. but this disturbes me on so many levels.
I guess I broke the mold on this one.. but I normally do anyways.
I do not like wearing my one contact. Its uncomfortable, and itchy, and annoying. Not to mention I can not for the life of me get it in. Or out. Saturday afternoon at Costco me and my mom did emergency surgery to get it out in the bathroom for 30 minutes because it was giving me a panic attack. I hate being crazy.
Among other things, I went to a lovely movie this weekend with the girls from bookclub. It was one of those movies that gave me warm and fuzzy thoughts. It was Becoming Jane.. basically an autobiographical tale of Jane Austins life. I left the theater remembering why I love movies so much and what they do to me when I see a good one.
Yesterday at Church I was blessed with the experience of subbing for a class of 8 Six Year Olds. Wow, note to self....never have sextuplets plus 2. (not sure what you would call 8)
Another note to self.. try to figure out what ages read and what don't. Needless to say the class participation I had planned didn't go well seeing that they can't read. And if they can its 3 letter words. Good thing they can't read 4 letter words. Anyways...
Tonight I start Weight Watchers...again...for the 3rd time.
This time I am going with a friend (love ya Lace) so hopefully between the 2 of us we will have enough motivation for one of us and be able to make it to meetings and succeed. I hate diets. I just want to eat yummy food and not exercise and look like Victoria Beckham. Is that too much to ask? I mean come on! So every Tuesday morning I will be tracking my weight loss on here.. so I will have some motivation to do good. Wish me luck! If you know any super fun, easy and exciting ways to lose weight that involve shopping and eating what ever the hell you want let me know. Thanks! Bye!

4 comments:

Me said...

Your a pirate!! Hehe, maybe you should just wear a patch over the bad eye and let your good eye do the work. Haha. That really sucks though, but honestly, contacts do get better- you won't be able to feel them pretty soon. And, getting them in and out will be like breathing to ya soon. Good luck!!

Valerie said...

I agree with you diets suck but I guess that is life. Good luck on the Weight Watchers. If you need any good recipes let me know. We have been using a lot out of the Weight Watchers cookbook.

Valerie said...

By the way I love the new look of your site. Very pretty.

Jessica said...

I think contacts would really freak me out too. Good luck with Weight Watchers. You can do it! Doeas this mean you won't be bringing goodies to my door anymore?