Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Positive Post..

Because last week I might have been the teensiest bit annoyed of Davis County on Trippin on Tuesday- and because as much as I love politics- it gets pretty redundant when it comes to blogging- today I am doing a post about some things I do love about living in Davis County- and more specifically my neighborhood.

Things I love about the my neighborhood:

1. My neighbors boys the Rawson's. I am pretty sure that there is no where else in the world where I could come outside and feel like such a celebrity. The boy's love to see me, tell me all about their adventures and just remind me why I love little kids sometimes. Yesterday Ty proceeded to tell me about how he fell off the monkey bars and broke his arm for the probably 18Th time. Michael was super interested in my plans and just dang happy to see me.

2. I am pretty sure at any given moment I could ask to borrow 50lbs of wheat and no one would bat an eye about it.

3. My friends here still love me even though I am addicted to Diet Mt. Dew and I am a democrat. Does it get any worse?

4. It doesn't smell like manure or horse crap all the time like Idaho does.

5. I visibly do not see any sage brush.

6. I can go shopping about anywhere I want in a short drive.

7. When I am sick or in constant pain- I never seem to get a lack of out pouring of those wanting to help. Did I mention my friend Kristy even cleaned my toilets and Jessica cleaned my fridge while I was in SUPER rough shape. Poor girls- I definitely owe them!

8. Dinner Swap- I am pretty sure I do not need to elaborate. Kristy, Valerie and Sarah are my new favorite people!

9. Did I mention there are some pretty amazing cooks in this neighborhood?

10. People share their produce with me- I am not sure if it is because my garden (specifically my tomatoes) turned out pretty lame this year- but I am definitely not complaining about that one.

7 comments:

Brannigan said...

I am great! I'm glad to see that you are still doing well. Roman is seriously the cutest little thing I've ever seen. I can't believe Brody bit him! :(
Tell Dax his girlfriend says hi.

Kristy said...

Dax is cheating on me?!!! I don't have 50 lbs of wheat, does that mean I have to get some to stay on the friends list?

Brandy said...

Okay, number five is HILARIOUS.

Lilian said...

You are right, this is an awesome neighborhood! And you being a democrat with your Obama sign in the yard doesn't bug me a bit!!!

Jessica said...

Those Rawson boys are pretty darn cute. . .

Amy said...

I'd still like you if you drank regular mountain dew, I think the added calories makes it taste better!

pinkmorning said...

tag, you're it!